Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2023 1:16 pm  #1

The De-Cluttering Filters

Do we wear some kind of “filters” over our eyes when we de clutter so that we see things as they used to be instead of how they really are now?

For instance:
The Comfy Filter: Do we see our old bathrobe as still new, rather than seeing it as worn out and ratty? (Therefore making us look worn out and ratty!)

The Get-Rich Filter: Do we see our “collectible” figurines and plates as valuable, the ones that we thought would be worth a fortune “someday” and still not show any increase in value?

The Sentimental Filter: Do we see the trays and bowls that our favorite aunt gave us so many years ago, but kept in case she comes over? (We don’t use it and she actually died years ago). In other words do we “see Aunt Jo” rather than an unnecessary tray?
Or, how about those little toys we used to play with and saved them for our daughter, who did play with them, but now she has grown up and married and has only boys?

The Possibly Useful Filter: Do we see that old rug or curtains from our previous house as things we need, instead of seeing that they no longer “go” with our new house color scheme and furnishings?

It's getting time to take those filters off!

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

2/07/2023 5:44 pm  #2

Re: The De-Cluttering Filters

MommaJo, I enjoyed reading your post.  It sounds very much like me.

2/07/2023 7:25 pm  #3

Re: The De-Cluttering Filters

Thanks. These are the hardest things for me. Marie is great, but I wish she lived next door, lol.

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

Board footera