Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2022 1:54 pm  #1

Tell me how you learned about Get Organized Now!

I'd love to know how you learned about me and my Get Organized Now company. Did you find me in a Google Search, in a magazine, referred by a friend, or... ?

1/16/2022 3:14 am  #2

Re: Tell me how you learned about Get Organized Now!

I am Ian Layzell. I am seventy seven and not naturally organised. I have followed GON since the early 2000's. I don't know when exactly. I have too many hobbies and interests and I know that greater organisation will create more time. I also know that working harder is not the answer. I joined when I started my own web site and wanted an example of a successful one. Being organised is a wish that I occasionally get near.

1/16/2022 8:46 am  #3

i dont know where i heard about you but used to come on the old forum back in early 00s  ahh I've missed it  

1/16/2022 2:21 pm  #4

I'm not sure where I heard about GON but I'm sure it was the early 2000's. I was probably doing a computer search for "organizing". I'm 78 and still love to read about and hear organizing tips. At the moment I am doing a room by room decluttering. I feel like I'm a very organized person yet when I do these searches I'm always surprised at what I find: things that I postponed making a decision about keeping such as a piece of clothing (it might fit again in a couple of months-wishful thinking), craft supplies, books I'll never read, etc. I don't know how I could possibly be this age until I consider getting on the floor and then remember how getting back up is such a challenge! I live by myself but have a daughter and her family in town who take good care of me. I'm so glad this forum is back!

1/17/2022 12:17 am  #5

Learned about you around 2003 by searching for Time Management tips.  Love your articles/emails since.
I really love the monthly checklist and use it all months.

2/02/2022 6:04 pm  #6

Thank you all for responding! I am so happy that you all found me...one way or another!! And I loved reading all of your notes! For those of you who were members of my old forum, I'm so thrilled to be able to have a forum once again. I've missed it and all the wonderful interaction!

2/12/2022 8:41 pm  #7

I'm not sure when I found you. I know I've been trying to be organized since the early 1980s. I have monthly lists printed from GON as early as 2000, but I'm pretty sure I was following your website before that. I'm  looking forward to the discussions here. Fingers crossed I don't get too distracted here! 

2/13/2022 7:12 am  #8

It’s been many years since I started reading your newsletters.  I am retired and recently downsized from a large colonial with 2 1/2 acres to a ranch with very little land.  I have been decluttering since I retired 10 years ago and was happy I did when we decided to move.  We sold a lot of unused items which won’t be necessary in our smaller home.  I still have more to sell as I unpack boxes and realize I don’t have a place to put everything or I haven’t used it in over a year.  I enjoy reading every article and keep getting new ideas from Maria.  Thank you

2/14/2022 7:06 am  #9

I'm not certain now how I found out about GON, probably a link from another site. I've been reading it almost since its beginning in 1997.  It struck a chord with me, and I think it's outstanding.  I participated in the Forums in the past,and was sorry to see them go some years ago.  I'm glad they're back.  I have a lot of extra things to do for my job at the moment but look forward to reading others' comments and posting from time to time.

2/16/2022 6:13 pm  #10

I'm relatively new compared to the other people who've responded to this question. I discovered you only about three years ago.

Until recently, there was a search engine run by Amazon that allowed you to look up the most frequently visited websites by category. I used it to look for home organization sites. Then I started going down the list of the most frequently visited sites to check them out. Yours was the one that had just what I was looking for so I bookmarked it and have been visiting ever since.

Last edited by Sage (2/16/2022 6:15 pm)

Board footera