Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2022 9:56 am  #1

January Organizing Goals

Let's hear about your January organizing goals. Ready, set, go!

1/11/2022 3:23 pm  #2

Re: January Organizing Goals

After 22 months I am getting a kitchen, so will be taking the dishes from the entertainment center, the food from the bookcase, the dog food from containers on the floor, the coffee maker & rice cooker from the table, the cleaning supplies from next to the fridge on the floor & organizing my lower cabinet & upper floating shelves when they are installed later this month. Also will be building, painting & putting shelving (2j into my wash house to get my laundry stuff, painting, pest control & gardening stuff out of piles on the floor from around the washing machine. Wish me luck that my contractors come through for the month!

1/11/2022 4:18 pm  #3

That is exciting. We went through a kitchen remodel and the end result is glorious. It will be so worth it.

1/11/2022 4:49 pm  #4

We’ve lived in the same house for 20+ years. I want to start getting rid of all the extraneous items we’ve collected over the years. One space at a time.

1/11/2022 5:27 pm  #5

Time for me to get caught up on a pile of papers to file! The papers I need for taxes are already filed in a 3-ring binder. These are miscellaneous items that have been gathering dust waiting for me to became motivated to restore order to paper chaos. 

1/11/2022 5:50 pm  #6

After living in my house for over 35 years, I finally upgraded the house during the pandemic.  I love it, and it gave me the opportunity to reorganize.  I did, and it mostly works, but I have so much more to do.  I need to reorganize (and maintain) my study, my kitchen, my dining room, and my garage.  I've been making little areas of progress, but it's always little areas that later get overtaken by other stuff. Time to get in action!

1/11/2022 5:54 pm  #7

Actually, looking back, you asked for January goals.  My January goal is to clear up my study; get my papers in order, eliminate old unneeded papers (mostly through a paper shredding company because there's so much of it), create a file system that works now (my current one is 30 years old), and clear off the top of my desk, with methods for bills (some of which are still paper to check off items against receipts), coupons, important reference materials and the like.

1/11/2022 5:56 pm  #8

Although all my Holiday decorations are down and for the most part put away, I still have some lingering items to either dispose of or put away.  I vow to do this by month's end!!!

1/11/2022 6:00 pm  #9

My January goal is to sort through our walk-in closet. I’m also looking for suggestions on how to sort through lots of jewelry and determine what to keep and what needs to go. I don’t wear jewelry much and need suggestions how to get back into my jewelry. Thanks!

1/11/2022 7:47 pm  #10

My goal for January is just thinking, planning what to do with my family tree research. I have several large, stuffed file drawers, many, many stuffed, fat binders, family tree software, plus online research/trees. I need to make decisions about "wrapping it up", as this kind of research never ends as it's always changing, I'm getting old, (ha, ha) so I must stop somewhere. There is too much to print out and too much that anyone but me would want to wade through it all. I'm hoping others here will have some advice.

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

Board footera