Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/10/2022 11:39 am  #1

June 2022 Organizing Goals and Successes

Share your June Organizing Goals with us. We'd love to hear what's on your agenda! Then share your successes afterwards!! Ready, set, go!

5/25/2022 8:03 pm  #2

Re: June 2022 Organizing Goals and Successes

My May goal was to begin clearing out our two-car garage so that we can get BOTH our cars in the garage.  It has been a lot of work and I found a lot of things to get rid of.  So my June decluttering goal is to keep working on the garage and getting rid of excess stuff. I got about halfway done. The Goodwill store knows me by name now since I have seen them so often this month,  I am finding things I forgot I had. I have let go of a lot of things that I didn't think I could part with, things that I paid a pretty penny for and then didn't use.  As I am working, I can hear Maria's voice in my mind telling me to just do a small amount at a time but it is really adding up.  I can't wait to finish and then start decluttering inside the house.

Good luck to all of you.

6/08/2022 3:12 pm  #3

Re: June 2022 Organizing Goals and Successes

I've really been enjoying following your suggestion about weeding out file folders. I have a huge 4-drawer cabinet for household records and family tree research by surname. My goal is to weed out half of those papers and I take a file folder at a time. In the dining room I can spread out all of the piles. I have a trash bag handy, stapler, clips, pens, sticky notes, a tablet of paper to record where I left off and any thing I need to return to, and a cup of coffee. It may take a few minutes, an hour, or however long I have available, but it's finally getting done!!!!

The other June goal is to toss/donate an item per day. I've got a box on our enclosed porch and each day I go on a hunt for something, anything. If I miss a day, then someday I'll find two items. That's 365 items with no real time spent, weeding out extraneous clutter!

Last edited by MommaJo (6/08/2022 3:16 pm)

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

Board footera