Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/10/2022 11:39 am  #1

June 2022 Organizing Goals and Successes

Share your June Organizing Goals with us. We'd love to hear what's on your agenda! Then share your successes afterwards!! Ready, set, go!

5/25/2022 8:03 pm  #2

Re: June 2022 Organizing Goals and Successes

My May goal was to begin clearing out our two-car garage so that we can get BOTH our cars in the garage.  It has been a lot of work and I found a lot of things to get rid of.  So my June decluttering goal is to keep working on the garage and getting rid of excess stuff. I got about halfway done. The Goodwill store knows me by name now since I have seen them so often this month,  I am finding things I forgot I had. I have let go of a lot of things that I didn't think I could part with, things that I paid a pretty penny for and then didn't use.  As I am working, I can hear Maria's voice in my mind telling me to just do a small amount at a time but it is really adding up.  I can't wait to finish and then start decluttering inside the house.

Good luck to all of you.

6/08/2022 3:12 pm  #3

I've really been enjoying following your suggestion about weeding out file folders. I have a huge 4-drawer cabinet for household records and family tree research by surname. My goal is to weed out half of those papers and I take a file folder at a time. In the dining room I can spread out all of the piles. I have a trash bag handy, stapler, clips, pens, sticky notes, a tablet of paper to record where I left off and any thing I need to return to, and a cup of coffee. It may take a few minutes, an hour, or however long I have available, but it's finally getting done!!!!

The other June goal is to toss/donate an item per day. I've got a box on our enclosed porch and each day I go on a hunt for something, anything. If I miss a day, then someday I'll find two items. That's 365 items with no real time spent, weeding out extraneous clutter!

Last edited by MommaJo (6/08/2022 3:16 pm)

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

7/06/2022 10:26 am  #4

I love this post and it made me smile when you mentioned that the Goodwill store knows your name. That can be an article title!! Good for you on all of your organizing successes!!

JAlessi wrote:

My May goal was to begin clearing out our two-car garage so that we can get BOTH our cars in the garage.  It has been a lot of work and I found a lot of things to get rid of.  So my June decluttering goal is to keep working on the garage and getting rid of excess stuff. I got about halfway done. The Goodwill store knows me by name now since I have seen them so often this month,  I am finding things I forgot I had. I have let go of a lot of things that I didn't think I could part with, things that I paid a pretty penny for and then didn't use.  As I am working, I can hear Maria's voice in my mind telling me to just do a small amount at a time but it is really adding up.  I can't wait to finish and then start decluttering inside the house.

Good luck to all of you.

7/06/2022 10:28 am  #5

Just checking on your and your file folder goal. How far along are you? A file folder at a time is excellent. 

You also mentioned weeding out an item per day. Are you still keeping up with that goal.

Both excellent goals!!

MommaJo wrote:

I've really been enjoying following your suggestion about weeding out file folders. I have a huge 4-drawer cabinet for household records and family tree research by surname. My goal is to weed out half of those papers and I take a file folder at a time. In the dining room I can spread out all of the piles. I have a trash bag handy, stapler, clips, pens, sticky notes, a tablet of paper to record where I left off and any thing I need to return to, and a cup of coffee. It may take a few minutes, an hour, or however long I have available, but it's finally getting done!!!!

The other June goal is to toss/donate an item per day. I've got a box on our enclosed porch and each day I go on a hunt for something, anything. If I miss a day, then someday I'll find two items. That's 365 items with no real time spent, weeding out extraneous clutter!

Board footera