Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2022 6:09 pm  #1

February Organizing Goals

Let's hear about your February organizing goals. Ready, set, go!

Last edited by getorgnow (2/09/2022 10:32 am)

2/12/2022 9:08 pm  #2

Re: February Organizing Goals

We are building out a new kitchen this year, so for February our goal is to finish a bank of drawers, a new sink and undersink cabinet, and a countertop over them and the dishwasher. The cabinets need an end facing and kickboards, the backsplash is in, but needs grout, the walls will be painted grey, and there will be wood trim around the backsplash tiles. We lost our dachshund, Jack, yesterday, and looking after him has slowed our progress. But we hope to have this area complete by month's end. I tried to post a photo of our work, but it was too big for the forum. So I guess another goal for this month is to learn how to resize photos!

2/13/2022 9:19 am  #3

The lower cabinet for my kitchen is in. There was a mixup with the contractor & ordering of the countertop-was reordered last week so hopefully end of next week will be done. February Goals: countertop in, sink hookup, dishes moved from various places to floating shelves & cabinet filled, wash house 2nd shelf built, painted & filled, garden tools sorted better in wash house & shelf pantry reorganized. Still looking for a stove “not in country” is the current reason I do not have one…

2/14/2022 8:41 pm  #4

My February goals are to lose two pounds (GON Glow!), write up a quarter more of my family tree summary of ancestor stories  (I'm up to the M's alphabetically), and finish memorizing a Psalm. For decluttering, find at least a bag of things to take to the local Good Will shop.

Last edited by MommaJo (2/14/2022 8:42 pm)

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

2/17/2022 2:17 pm  #5

Aubergine wrote:

We are building out a new kitchen this year, so for February our goal is to finish a bank of drawers, a new sink and undersink cabinet, and a countertop over them and the dishwasher. The cabinets need an end facing and kickboards, the backsplash is in, but needs grout, the walls will be painted grey, and there will be wood trim around the backsplash tiles. We lost our dachshund, Jack, yesterday, and looking after him has slowed our progress. But we hope to have this area complete by month's end. I tried to post a photo of our work, but it was too big for the forum. So I guess another goal for this month is to learn how to resize photos!

I love ALL of your goals!! All the features (and limitations) of this forum are new to me too. I'll see where (and if) I can increase the photo size.

2/17/2022 2:17 pm  #6

Ali.gray wrote:

The lower cabinet for my kitchen is in. There was a mixup with the contractor & ordering of the countertop-was reordered last week so hopefully end of next week will be done. February Goals: countertop in, sink hookup, dishes moved from various places to floating shelves & cabinet filled, wash house 2nd shelf built, painted & filled, garden tools sorted better in wash house & shelf pantry reorganized. Still looking for a stove “not in country” is the current reason I do not have one…

WOW...LOTS of goals for February...but I love that they're all well thought-out!

2/17/2022 2:19 pm  #7

MommaJo wrote:

My February goals are to lose two pounds (GON Glow!), write up a quarter more of my family tree summary of ancestor stories  (I'm up to the M's alphabetically), and finish memorizing a Psalm. For decluttering, find at least a bag of things to take to the local Good Will shop.

Your goals are absolutely perfect...the family tree summary is something you'll treasure always. My daughter did a genealogy project last year...and I cannot begin to tell you what a gift that was! Which Psalm are you memorizing? Let us know. A bag of things to declutter? Awesome! Finally...2 pounds...that is a very do-able GON goal. So happy for you! Keep us posted!

2/17/2022 7:45 pm  #8

Since I inherited the family tree research, boxes of it, it would be up to me to carry on as no one else will do it. I'm doing it for my children, grandchildren, and my husband's family. They love it, so far; some discoveries were an unwelcome surprise, but we found "new" cousins.

As for the Psalm, I chose 91, as it gives us hope and courage, so badly needed in these times. I'm up to the verses #9-#13, following some great tips for memorizing. It's the process that matters, as much as the finished goal, in this case.

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

2/26/2022 5:49 pm  #9

My February goal was to get my 2021 tax papers together before the end of the month.  I am usually late in getting them ready (the first part of April) but this year I have been more organized so it is falling into place on time.

9/28/2023 12:07 am  #10

thats a shame  the doubles have been announced for the 8-9th June. But I cant go this year, that is my 21st birthday weekend and apparently my parents are planning something special

Board footera