Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2022 11:06 am  #1

March Organizing Goals

Share your March Organizing Goals with us. Maybe there are some spring cleaning TO DOs in your near future?

2/26/2022 5:55 pm  #2

Re: March Organizing Goals

My March goal is to reduce the amount of clothes and shoes I have.  I am trying to get rid of those items I never wear and those that don't fit due to weight loss (I have a tendency to keep these in case I gain the weight back - but I am determined not to let that happen.)  

Last edited by JAlessi (3/28/2022 4:00 pm)

2/27/2022 11:34 am  #3

JAlessi wrote:

My March goal is to reduce the amount of clothes and shoes I have.  I am trying to get rid of those items I never wear and those that don't fit due to weight loss (I have a tendency to keep these in case I gain the weight back - but I am determined not to let that happen.  

That is an excellent goal. Keep us posted on your progress!!

2/27/2022 11:41 am  #4

In March, we're focusing on our eating habits. Our goal is to try one paleo recipe each week. We started last Friday with spaghetti squash with Paleo Meatballs and Sauce from "The Paleo Cookbook" by Jodie and Gilaad Cohen. That recipe has made enough for the two of us for four dinners so far. I was going to try freezing some for later, but we like them so much we haven't done that yet.

I also have a goal to create a 13-piece capsule wardrobe for summer by mid-June, and I'm starting today with a coral tank top. The fabric is pre-washing with the rest of the "red" laundry right now, and I will print out the pattern this afternoon.  I am aiming for one completed garment per week.

3/04/2022 12:06 pm  #5

Aubergine wrote:

In March, we're focusing on our eating habits. Our goal is to try one paleo recipe each week. We started last Friday with spaghetti squash with Paleo Meatballs and Sauce from "The Paleo Cookbook" by Jodie and Gilaad Cohen. That recipe has made enough for the two of us for four dinners so far. I was going to try freezing some for later, but we like them so much we haven't done that yet.

I also have a goal to create a 13-piece capsule wardrobe for summer by mid-June, and I'm starting today with a coral tank top. The fabric is pre-washing with the rest of the "red" laundry right now, and I will print out the pattern this afternoon.  I am aiming for one completed garment per week.

I love both of your goals. Isn't it fun to find new recipes that fit in with your eating goals...and that actually taste good?!

I will be very interested to hear about your success with your 13-piece wardrobe capsule as well. Keep me posted on your progress.

Fantastic goals!

3/04/2022 4:20 pm  #6

My March goal is to reduce the amount of clothes and shoes I have.

I am off to a good start.  I rounded up about 10 pairs of shoes that I haven't worn in a long time.  One pair is an Uggs short boot which I have only worn twice.  They are in excellent condition but they are very, very difficult to put on and to take off. It is extremely hard to let go of them.  They were expensive and I love them and they fit nicely once I got them on.  But, I painfully put them in my To Donate box and hopefully I won't remove them before I get the box to Goodwill.  A couple of the other pairs have high heels.  My hips and knees are giving me trouble so I am unable to wear them.  They, too, are hard to give up but I am determined to declutter.

3/13/2022 6:31 am  #7

Trying to find crafting items I know I have & bought.  I can't find especially my stamps and dies that I know I have & I am in the middle of project.  I say, it needs .... and then can't find. Either I give up, find, or find something else. I need to organize and catalog, 

3/14/2022 2:41 pm  #8

JAlessi wrote:

My March goal is to reduce the amount of clothes and shoes I have.

I am off to a good start.  I rounded up about 10 pairs of shoes that I haven't worn in a long time.  One pair is an Uggs short boot which I have only worn twice.  They are in excellent condition but they are very, very difficult to put on and to take off. It is extremely hard to let go of them.  They were expensive and I love them and they fit nicely once I got them on.  But, I painfully put them in my To Donate box and hopefully I won't remove them before I get the box to Goodwill.  A couple of the other pairs have high heels.  My hips and knees are giving me trouble so I am unable to wear them.  They, too, are hard to give up but I am determined to declutter.

It's definitely a HUGE success to give up Uggs boots...I know how pricey they are. But if they're not working for you, it was the right thing to do. I'm sure someone else will enjoy them...and will greatly appreciate the donation!

3/14/2022 2:42 pm  #9

Smiletoday wrote:

Trying to find crafting items I know I have & bought.  I can't find especially my stamps and dies that I know I have & I am in the middle of project.  I say, it needs .... and then can't find. Either I give up, find, or find something else. I need to organize and catalog, 

Don't give up. Make it a goal to start sorting a little, tiny bit each day. I bet they'll turn up...and you'll be off to an excellent start getting it all organized.

Board footera