Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2022 4:42 pm  #1

Name one thing that's taking too much time...

Name one thing you do that you spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME doing...go!

3/15/2022 7:02 pm  #2

Re: Name one thing that's taking too much time...

I spend way too much time getting ready to go somewhere. I'm easily distracted from getting ready and suddenly realize at the last minute I need to be out the door.

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

4/10/2022 9:29 am  #3

Online news, my Newsfeed is very eclectic which then sends me down rabbit holes where I can spend holes just reading “stuff” 

5/05/2022 4:50 pm  #4

MommaJo wrote:

I spend way too much time getting ready to go somewhere. I'm easily distracted from getting ready and suddenly realize at the last minute I need to be out the door.

I get it. One way to help with this challenge is to set a timer to do specific things. When you know you're "on the clock" it may help you move along a bit quicker.

5/05/2022 4:51 pm  #5

Ali.gray wrote:

Online news, my Newsfeed is very eclectic which then sends me down rabbit holes where I can spend holes just reading “stuff” 

Yes...especially these days. Because "news" has suddenly turned into "entertainment." Try using online news as a "reward" AFTER you get your TO DOs done.

7/06/2022 10:35 am  #6

This happens very easily...and you're not alone! I try to use social media as a "reward" when I've accomplished something.

Ali.gray wrote:

7/06/2022 10:37 am  #7

This can happen so easily. Try setting timers to go off at 10-minute intervals to help keep you on track. It generally takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get ready to go somewhere...from showering, to makeup, to getting dressed, etc., depending on the occasion. Sound that timer every 10 minutes...10 minute shower, 10 minute makeup, etc. for the length of time it takes you to get ready.

MommaJo wrote:

8/27/2022 11:38 pm  #8

Procrastinating until the last minute. I spend a lot of time and energy putting things off then racing the clock to get things done. I used to say that I thrive under pressure but really I don’t, I just don’t utilize my time appropriately.

10/12/2022 4:01 pm  #9

I get it. Something that may help you is giving yourself something called a "false deadline." This acts like a deadline, but is more of a personal deadline...one you set yourself. So, if the real deadline is October 31st, you can set your false deadline as October 21st. Something else that may help is determining around how much time something is going to take. Let's say you determine 4 hours. You can then break that project down into sixteen 15 minute-sessions and schedule all of those on your calendar. Treat those 15 minute time slots just as you would any other important appointment (to work on your project.) Hope this helps a bit.

Jenn6903 wrote:

Procrastinating until the last minute. I spend a lot of time and energy putting things off then racing the clock to get things done. I used to say that I thrive under pressure but really I don’t, I just don’t utilize my time appropriately.

Board footera