Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2022 10:04 am  #1

September 2022 Goals

Share your September Organizing Goals with us. We'd love to hear what's on your agenda! Then share your successes afterwards!! Ready, set, go!

8/26/2022 2:49 pm  #2

Re: September 2022 Goals

My first goal is to gather things for hosting Thanksgiving dinner. It's early, I know, but seasonal items disappear from stores sooner than you think.
I need:
to order a tablecloth to fit our table with the table leaves added,
to find the fall decorations that are packed away to see what I can use,
to design a centerpiece for the table and maybe fall napkin rings, (Pinterest!)
 to visit the local arts and crafts store for supplies and inspiration
to hang the fall wreath on the door,
to see what candles we have,
and
to scan last year's menu/recipes.
Guests are coming from out of state so I can't ask them to bring food!!?

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

8/27/2022 11:27 pm  #3

My goals for the month are:
- finish painting kitchen cabinets - I have the uppers done, waiting to get new countertops next week and then will start the bottoms
- make mock ups for fall orders
- organize crafting space a bit better. Right now it’s a multi functional room - workout equipment, crafting and a sleeping area for the kids’ sleepovers and it’s all spilling into each other. So I will start with the crafting area.
- get kids organized and ready for school (they start the 7th here)
- work on a meal plan to eat down the freezers a bit as hunting season is coming up soon

8/30/2022 7:36 am  #4

I absolutely love that you're doing this so early! Good for you!

MommaJo wrote:

My first goal is to gather things for hosting Thanksgiving dinner. It's early, I know, but seasonal items disappear from stores sooner than you think.
I need:
to order a tablecloth to fit our table with the table leaves added,
to find the fall decorations that are packed away to see what I can use,
to design a centerpiece for the table and maybe fall napkin rings, (Pinterest!)
 to visit the local arts and crafts store for supplies and inspiration
to hang the fall wreath on the door,
to see what candles we have,
and
to scan last year's menu/recipes.
Guests are coming from out of state so I can't ask them to bring food!!?

8/30/2022 7:37 am  #5

Lots of great fall goals! I cannot wait to hear about your successes!

Jenn6903 wrote:

My goals for the month are:
- finish painting kitchen cabinets - I have the uppers done, waiting to get new countertops next week and then will start the bottoms
- make mock ups for fall orders
- organize crafting space a bit better. Right now it’s a multi functional room - workout equipment, crafting and a sleeping area for the kids’ sleepovers and it’s all spilling into each other. So I will start with the crafting area.
- get kids organized and ready for school (they start the 7th here)
- work on a meal plan to eat down the freezers a bit as hunting season is coming up soon

9/13/2022 6:54 am  #6

I finished the cupboards and the kids are in school. Today, I am designing mock-ups  on the computer, it’ll take a few afternoons, but then that will be done.
- The craft room is staring me down, hopefully I get a chance to make a dent in it soon!
- meal plan is coming along but we’ve been intentional about shopping the freezer.
Adding to the list:
- wash outside windows before it gets too cold
- pull out flowers and put the pots to bed for the winter
- put away hoses, etc
- trim around trees and trim down bushes

9/13/2022 8:46 am  #7

For Thanksgiving plans:
I have a new tablecloth, in a neutral color. That way I can change it up with napkins, runners, and placemats to go with the season/occasion.
The fall wreath is on the door.
Fall decorations are brought down, and am sorting them to see what we can still use.
Have not gone over the recipes much yet; I hope turkeys won't be hard to find this year!

What I see around me would drive me insane if I did not know that, no matter what happens, God will have the last word.  
―St. Paisios of Mt. Athos

9/13/2022 4:28 pm  #8

Isn't it amazing how much we can get done when the kids are in school?!

You have quite the list of TO DOs...all excellent. I will be very excited to hear about your successes...and hopefully "before" and "after" shots of your craft room!

Jenn6903 wrote:

I finished the cupboards and the kids are in school. Today, I am designing mock-ups on the computer, it’ll take a few afternoons, but then that will be done.
- The craft room is staring me down, hopefully I get a chance to make a dent in it soon!
- meal plan is coming along but we’ve been intentional about shopping the freezer.
Adding to the list:
- wash outside windows before it gets too cold
- pull out flowers and put the pots to bed for the winter
- put away hoses, etc
- trim around trees and trim down bushes

9/13/2022 4:29 pm  #9

I just love that you're thinking about Thanksgiving now...awesome! Good idea to buy that tablecloth in a neutral color...I love that. One tablecloth; many purposes. Happy decorating! Fall is such a beautiful season. I'll be pulling my fall decor out this weekend as well.

MommaJo wrote:

For Thanksgiving plans:
I have a new tablecloth, in a neutral color. That way I can change it up with napkins, runners, and placemats to go with the season/occasion.
The fall wreath is on the door.
Fall decorations are brought down, and am sorting them to see what we can still use.
Have not gone over the recipes much yet; I hope turkeys won't be hard to find this year!

Board footera