Welcome to Our Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum

Click Here For Hundreds of FREE Organizing Tips and Printables!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2022 9:22 pm  #11

Re: January Organizing Goals

That is a very ambitious goal alright. But you are specific on the direction, good for you and your lucky family. You know what they say? Do you know how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time...let's begin!

1/12/2022 4:16 am  #12

My goal for January is to eliminate all the random piles that I have accumulated in my home office. There are 8 of them, so at this point I can tackle 3 each weekend and finish a little early!

1/12/2022 9:41 am  #13

Slightly OT, but i've noticed how much more de-cluttering etc. I can get through when I know someone is coming to the flat. Have you found a way to get this energy going for the everyday decluttering we do??
My main goal for January is still garden-related,hopefully without the attention of last years Giant Spanish Slugs!!  Cheers 

1/12/2022 1:36 pm  #14

Ali.gray wrote:

After 22 months I am getting a kitchen, so will be taking the dishes from the entertainment center, the food from the bookcase, the dog food from containers on the floor, the coffee maker & rice cooker from the table, the cleaning supplies from next to the fridge on the floor & organizing my lower cabinet & upper floating shelves when they are installed later this month. Also will be building, painting & putting shelving (2j into my wash house to get my laundry stuff, painting, pest control & gardening stuff out of piles on the floor from around the washing machine. Wish me luck that my contractors come through for the month!

You definitely have a lot of organizing projects on your plate for this month! 

1/12/2022 1:36 pm  #15

JudyP wrote:

That is a very ambitious goal alright. But you are specific on the direction, good for you and your lucky family. You know what they say? Do you know how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time...let's begin!

Great advice!!

1/12/2022 1:37 pm  #16

angelzink wrote:

My goal for January is to eliminate all the random piles that I have accumulated in my home office. There are 8 of them, so at this point I can tackle 3 each weekend and finish a little early!

I like that you've broken this project up! Awesome! Keep us posted!

1/12/2022 1:39 pm  #17

MzBroome wrote:

Slightly OT, but i've noticed how much more de-cluttering etc. I can get through when I know someone is coming to the flat. Have you found a way to get this energy going for the everyday decluttering we do??
My main goal for January is still garden-related,hopefully without the attention of last years Giant Spanish Slugs!!  Cheers 

Giant Spanish Slugs...sounds awful! LOL. Lots of folks get motivated when they know someone is visiting. For everyday decluttering, set everyday rewards. Example: When I complete "x" I get to do "x". And make those rewards things you really like doing...surfing Pinterest, reading a chapter of your favorite book, etc. 

1/12/2022 1:40 pm  #18

Marydolan wrote:

That is exciting. We went through a kitchen remodel and the end result is glorious. It will be so worth it.

It's fun to do nice things for ourselves...and we deserve it!

1/12/2022 4:14 pm  #19

Trying to write every single small expense in journal. So I know how much i am spending on fast food and junk food and unnecessary stuff.

1/12/2022 7:11 pm  #20

I am right there with you on organizing my family research work. Have tons of files handed down from my Mom and tons of photos. Trying to get a lot of it saved electronically and on Ancestry.com. Am trying to save the old photos for future generations. I want to do a work plan. As you know, you can easily get sucked into this research and get way off track. I think a work plan will help me stay focused and minimize going down that rabbit hole. Good luck to you. 

Board footera